Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Using Technology in the Classroom

I enjoyed watching the videos and seeing the different ways teachers were able to teach a certain curriculum using technology effectively. One thing I recognized with all three of the examples was that the teachers had a clear objective with what they wanted to accomplish through using technology to teach about each subject. In the first example, I loved the various forms of technology used, cameras, Internet, and a web page to communicate with another class in a different state. I though this was a great way for students to learn about other places and have an enriching learning experience. In the second example, I liked how the class was just 4-5 year olds, but the technology was used in a way they would still be comfortable. It also was a great way to communicate to family members who were not very involved in the classroom. The third example showed me a way to teach students how to understand computers and learn how to use them to communicate in society. They were also able to involve their friends and family in the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment